Brittany Murphy's cause of death has come into question after new toxicology results allegedly suggest she may have been poisoned.
The 8 Mile actress was found dead at home in 2009 and the Los Angeles Coroner ruled her death was accidental, caused by pneumonia and "iron deficiency anemia." Five months later, the 32-year-old star's husband Simon Monjack, 40, also died of pneumonia and anemia.
Brittany's father Angelo Bertolotti wasn't convinced by the coroner's findings and The Huffington Post claims he ordered a new toxicology report after sending samples of his daughter's hair for independent analysis. Results supposedly showed the presence of 10 heavy metals above the "high" level set by the World Health Organization. The types of metals are commonly found in rat poison, pesticides and insecticides.
Angelo reportedly tried to sue the Los Angeles Police Department and Los Angeles Coroner's Office, accusing them of "failure to conduct toxicology tests" on specimens of hair and his daughter's death was "incorrectly determined to have been allegedly caused by pneumonia and anemia."
The official autopsy report for Sons of Anarchy actor Johnny Lewis has been released.
The 28 year-old was found dead in the driveway of his Los Feliz residence in September, along with his 81 year-old landlady who is believed to have been killed by Lewis. Due to lack of evidence that he jumped or was pushed, the report states that his fall from the roof of his home was an accident - not a suicide, as what was previously thought.
"He appears to have jumped from an elevated terrace to the driveway while attempting to flee the scene. During the approximately 15-foot drop he apparently lost his balance or struck an object. This caused him to land so his head impacted the concrete driveway," wrote investigator Jerry McKibben.
The autopsy also stated that there were no drugs found in his system at the time of death.
Foul play has been ruled out in Whitney Houston's death.
The 48-year-old singer was found face down in the bathtub with a bloody nose and the remnants of cocaine nearby at the Beverly Hilton Hotel on February 11 and the Beverly Hills Police Department cited cause of death as accidental drowning, before closing the case today, according to gossip website TMZ.
Although it has been claimed cocaine was removed from her bedroom at the hotel before the authorities arrived to the scene of her death, the BHPD have denied this occurred. According to the final coroner's report, a "small spoon with a white crystal-like substance in it and a rolled up piece of white paper" were found on the counter of Whitney's hotel room, while "remnants of a white powdery substance" were found in a drawer and on the base of a portable mirror. Tests later confirmed the powder to be cocaine.
She had two superficial abrasions on the left side if her forehead, one on the bridge of her nose, and several other small abrasions on her body - although there were no signs of foul play.
Whitney Houston died of accidental drowning due to the effects of heart disease and cocaine use.
The 48-year-old singer was found dead in the bathtub of her Beverly Hills hotel room in February and now the Los Angeles County Coroner has released her official cause of death. Cocaine was found in her system as were traces of marijuana, Xanax, Flexeril and Benadryl although they did not contribute to her tragic passing.
A source connected to the investigation told gossip website TMZ, it is "very possible" Whitney had a heart attack that caused her to lose consciousness and drown. The heart attack may have been triggered by hardening of the arteries as a result of cocaine use.
The coroner also noted that neither foul play nor trauma factored into her demise. A final report is expected to be ready for release within two weeks.
Whitney was found dead in the bathtub and several pills were found on the scene including Xanax, Ibuprofen, and Midol. However, investigators found no evidence of cocaine in the hotel room.
Whitney Houston's death was reportedly caused by prescription drugs and alcohol.
An autopsy on the 48-year-old singer - who was found dead in the bath of her room at the Beverly Hilton Hotel on Saturday - has been completed and Los Angeles County Coroner officials have told her relatives that she did not drown.
Sources told TMZ.com that the coroner did not find enough water in Whitney's lungs to suggest she died in the bath, but they believe her passing was a result of the combination of alcohol, Xanax and other prescription drugs she had taken. It is believed that Whitney's official cause of death will not be released for some time to allow police to complete investigations.
"The Beverly Hills Police Department has requested the Coroner's Office put the results on a 'security hold,' because it could hamper their ongoing investigation," a source told RadarOnline.com.
Whitney's mother reportedly plans to have the singer's body flown back to Atlanta tomorrow now the autopsy is complete.
Mike Starr’s funeral has been delayed by the medical examiner who is still determining the reality star’s official cause of death. More tests must be performed before the body will be released.
The ex-Alice in Chains bassist will still have two memorial services to honor his memory. Family members are holding a memorial on Sunday in Seattle for those closest to Starr. A second service will be held for fans at a later date.
Nothing official has been released regarding Starr’s death, but his roommate did tell the media that he was mixing medications hours before he passed away.
Read More | TMZ
Mike Starr’s roommate, who was not identified by name during his TMZ interview, says that the reality star was taking methadone and anxiety medication just before he died on Tuesday, a combination which may have been lethal.
The roommate said Starr was still working toward sobriety following his Celebrity Rehab and Sober House stints, but on Monday night he was “mixing” his medications. Officially, the cause of death for the former Alice in Chains bassist has not been determined.
“Mike [Starr] was a beautiful person who was fighting to stay sober,” said the roommate. “I am going to miss him greatly.”
And so will we. Once the official cause of death has been released, we’ll let you know. Follow VIP Breakdown on Twitter to get all the headlines quickly.
Read More | TMZ
Although the actor’s name had been linked to an ongoing illegal drug ring, Corey Haim’s death was not a result of any substances.
The Los Angeles County Coroner officially announced today that the Lost Boy star died on March 10 due to natural causes.
The 38-year-old, who had had troubles with addiction, passed away as a result of pneumonia complicated by an enlarged heart, bad lungs and narrowed blood vessels. While there were traces of marijuana and other medications in his system, they had “no significant contributing factors” in his death.
According to the autopsy report, Haim’s mother admitted getting rid of prescription medications in the home after his death “because she didn’t want anyone else to get hold of the medication and she didn’t know the police would be responding to her residence.”
Read More | CNN
UPDATE: Coroner’s office says Brittany’s death was not a result of alcohol or drug abuse.
The L.A. County Coroner’s Office says Brittany Murphy’s death was an accident.
According to results announced today, the actress died on December 20 as a result of pneumonia, with secondary factors of iron-deficiency anemia and multiple drug intoxication.
Although the specific drugs Brittany ingested have not yet been revealed, all medications in her system were considered prescription. TMZ reports that the 32-year-old had been taking medication for cramps and over-the-counter drugs including cough syrup.
A complete report is expected from the coroner in about two weeks.
Read More | MSNBC
Brittany Murphy, 32, recently passed away from cardiac arrest. To be technical about the matter, everyone actually dies from cardiac arrest. The heart stops, the body dies. The big question is, what stopped the heart? In Murphy’s case, friends and fans are still clueless.
The LA County Coroner’s Office has completed the autopsy, but the results are under wraps while doctors wait for toxicology reports to be completed. These results won’t be available for several weeks. So far, no memorial plans have been made for the actress.
Read More | E! Online
© Gear Live Media, LLC. 2007 – User-posted content, unless source is quoted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Public Domain License. Gear Live graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, videos, articles, blogs, forums, scripts and other service names are the trademarks of Gear Live Inc.