Wade Robson hopes his allegations against Michael Jackson will encourage other "victims" to come forward.
The choreographer filed legal documents on May 1 asking for money from the Michael Jackson Estate in compensation for childhood molestation at the hands of the late pop star - who died of acute Propofol intoxication in June 2009 - and says he wants to inspire others to speak out.
"I want to inspire other people to speak their truth. If my coming forward and speaking the truth can help, honestly, one [person] to gain courage to speak their truth and begin the healing process then that would really be more than I could ask," he told TMZ.
Speaking earlier this week, Wade said he "was scared psychologically and emotionally completely unable and unwilling to understand that it was sexual abuse. This is not a case of repressed memory. I never forgot one moment of what Michael did to me. He performed sexual acts on me and I performed sexual acts on him. It was complete manipulation and brainwashing. He would role-play and train me for these scenarios. There is no excuse for what he did to me, but he was a troubled man...The image that one presents to the world is not the whole explanation of who someone is. Michael Jackson was yes, an incredibly talented artist with an incredible gift. He was many things. And he was also a child sexual abuser."
Michael Jackson has been posthumously accused of sexual abuse.
Choreographer Wade Robson filed legal documents on May 1 asking for money from the Michael Jackson Estate in compensation for childhood molestation at the hands of the late pop star - who died of acute Propofol intoxication in June 2009 - TMZ reports.
The deadline has passed for creditors to file claims against the estate, but Wade is asking the probate court to allow him to file a late creditor's claim. The complaint has been made under seal, meaning it is not available to the public, but it is said to specifically outline the alleged abuse and contains an affidavit from Dr. David Arrendondo, a San Francisco-based child psychiatrist.
Jennifer Lopez wants to marry her boyfriend Casper Smart. The 42-year-old singer is thought to be ready for a fourth trip down the aisle after announcing she was parting ways with Marc Anthony last July.
"She's telling friends she wants to marry Casper. She's certain she wants to be with Casper forever," a source said.
At a press conference on Monday to announce her upcoming world tour with Enrique Iglesias and Wisin Y Yandel, Jennifer announced her partner of six months will play a vital part in putting the show together: "I'm working with [choreographer] Jamie King, and also Casper Smart. It's going to be an amazing, amazing show." She added that the event will be "one of the most historic tours ever."
"There's never been something like this, where Latinos come together like this. It's international - English and Spanish. I just think it's very groundbreaking. I was honored to be asked to be a part of it," she added.
Tom Cruise has been taking dance lessons from his wife’s choreographer.
The 47-year-old actor teamed up with Jennifer Lopez to perform a comic routine at last night’s MTV Movie Awards in the guise of his Tropic Thunder character Les Grossman and revealed his spouse Katie Holmes had helped him with his extensive preparations for the sketch.
“I worked with Katie’s choreographer, Tyce Diorio. Katie loved it. She was there while we were working on it. You know, I can dance a bit and we rehearsed, and my wife’s a dancer and so I like dancing,” he said, speaking after the performance.
The routine saw Tom being spanked by the Back Up Plan star, who stopped him returning the gesture, and ended with the Knight and Day actor trying and failing to do the splits. Tom admitted he had a great time portraying the foul-mouthed, fat, balding producer in a series of sketches at the awards, which took place at the Gibson Amphitheater in Los Angeles.
“It was a lot of fun - it was great. It was a blast!” he added.
Days after being arrested on investigation of sexual assault, choreographer Alex Da Silva was released from jail.
The 41-year-old So You Think You Can Dance contributor was taken into custody by police last Saturday as a result of several rape allegations. Four different victims had accused the dance instructor of assault between 2003 and 2009.
Although the complainants each reported similar stories, the Los Angeles County prosecutors office has not been able to file charges due to a lack of evidence. More women have since come forth with their own stories, so the investigation is not yet closed.
No word yet what this might mean - if anything - for the next season of SYTYCD. The FOX reality series starts up again on May 21.
Read More | Entertainment Tonight
© Gear Live Media, LLC. 2007 – User-posted content, unless source is quoted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Public Domain License. Gear Live graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, videos, articles, blogs, forums, scripts and other service names are the trademarks of Gear Live Inc.