Russell Brand has been refused entry to South Africa.
The 38-year-old comedian was forced to cancel a stand-up performance in Johannesburg on Friday as part of his Messiah Complex World Tour, after authorities banned him from boarding a flight.
"Tonight's J-burg show cancelled. SA authorities REFUSE TO LET ME INTO YOUR COUNTRY. Trying to resolve it [sic]," Russell wrote on Twitter.
The star later believed the situation had been resolved and told his fans he would be able to make it for Saturday's show. "South Africa! I'm allowed in! AUTHORITY YIELDED TO YOUR PEOPLE POWER! I'll be on stage tomorrow night in J-Burg #MessiahComplex [sic]," he exclaimed. Shortly after, it seems Russell was given false hope as he once again reiterated he was "refused entry." He added, "Banned from South Africa. Here ready to go. Refused entry. Hope I can come soon #MessiahComplex [sic]."
Russell was expected to perform four sold out shows in the city before taking to the stage in Cape Town on November 19.
Simon Cowell will face a $50,000 penalty if he goes near Lauren Silverman's son Adam.
The 54-year-old music mogul will be subjected to a hefty fee if he is in contact with seven-year-old Adam - whom his girlfriend had with her former husband, Andrew Silverman - due to a clause in the brunette beauty's divorce agreement with property developer Andrew. According to TMZ.com, although the agreement will only last until January 2015 if Lauren - who is currently pregnant with her first child with Simon - violates the clause three times she will lose contact with the child until a court is able to intervene.
The settlement also states that Andrew has a legal obligation not to rubbish Simon - who had an adulterous relationship with Lauren - and must make sure other people don't trash the businessman in the presence of his son. In addition, Lauren and her former spouse both agree that Adam should only refer to either of them as "mother" and "father," and the wealthy real-estate owner agrees to pay Lauren $3,000 a month in child support.
Alec Baldwin's accused stalker has been sentenced to 30 days in jail.
Genevieve Sabourin, who is on trial for stalking and harassing the former 30 Rock star, was charged with being in contempt of court in Manhattan, New York yesterday morning after she repeatedly heckled a doorman from Alec's building and her own lawyer. The judge ordered that the French-Canadian actress, 41, be jailed for constantly shouting at witnesses during their testimonies after issuing her a warning on Wednesday, after she shouted at Alec and accused him of having a "lying disease" when he denied her claims that they had sex after a dinner date in 2010 and also met in 2002, according to gossip website TMZ.com.
Sabourin argued she had a right to speak out in court because she sometimes has trouble understanding English.
During yesterday's proceeding, Sabourin was also accused of threatening to wage a "massive destructive war" against Alec, worse than his bitter custody battle with his ex-wife Kim Basinger, if he didn't pay for her to move to New York to live with him.
Michael Jackson's mother has appealed the verdict of her $40 billion wrongful death lawsuit against AEG Live.
Katherine Jackson filed new court documents in Los Angeles yesterday morning in a bid to have the jury's decision - which ruled the concert promoter was not responsible for the King of Pop's death in 2009 and was not wrong for hiring Dr. Conrad Murray to be the late singer's medical practitioner - overturned, according to gossip website TMZ.com.
It was previously revealed that the 83-year-old Jackson family matriarch was still hopeful after hearing comments made the jury following the conclusion of the five-month trial last month and her lawyer Brian Panish confirmed they were gathering information for an appeal. "She isn't throwing in the towel. We can't give up until we gather all the information. Today is another chapter," he said.
The jury decided on October 2 that AEG Live, the promoter of Michael's This Is It comeback concerts, hired Murray, who was convicted of involuntary manslaughter in November 2011, but were not liable for the disgraced physician's actions that led to the "Thriller" hitmaker's death in 2009 because he was neither "unfit" nor "incompetent" when they hired him.
Brooke Mueller is looking for a new home.
The 36-year-old socialite is planning to move out of the exclusive gated community Mulholland Estates, where her neighbors include her ex-husband Charlie Sheen and his ex-wife Denise Richards, until she regains primary custody of her sons, Bob and Max, with the Anger Management star, so that her brother, Scott Mueller, who secured temporary guardianship of the boys last week, can look after them in familiar surroundings.
A source told gossip website TMZ.com that Scott is moving into Brooke's home in Beverly Hills yesterday, and she believes she is not legally allowed to stay there with the boys until her custody rights are fully restored. The insider said that she began shopping for condos in the same area on Monday.
Scott, who lives in Orange County, California, decided to move into Brooke's house to look after the boys - after Denise made the "difficult decision" to give up caring for them as a result of their "violent behavior" towards her daughters - because the judge felt it was important that Bob and Max stay in the same school.
Alec Baldwin has denied he once had a sexual relationship with his alleged stalker. The former 30 Rock star took to the stand against Genevieve Sabourin, who is on trial for stalking and harassment, in Manhattan, New York, this morning, and broke down in tears as he accused the Canadian actress of making his life miserable.
The defendant, 40, repeatedly heckled the Rock of Ages star, 55, during his testimony, according to gossip website TMZ.com, and challenged Alec when he denied her claims that they had sex after a dinner date in 2010 and also met in 2002. "Really?" she shouted when he insisted they never had a sexual relationship and accused him of having a "lying disease."
Charlie Sheen's sons, Bob and Max, are moving back into their mother Brooke Mueller's house tonight.
The 36-year-old socialite's brother, Scott Mueller, was awarded temporary guardianship of her four-year-old twins in court this morning, days after Denise Richards made the "difficult decision" to give up caring for them because of their "violent behavior," and he plans to move into Brooke's house to care for them. The judge decided that the twins could move back in with Brooke under Scott's primary care because he felt it was important for them to stay in the same school, according to gossip website TMZ.com.
Denise secured temporary custody of the boys in May, after Brooke was placed under an involuntary psychiatric hold in hospital, and was originally due to care for them until the end of this year. But she wrote a letter to the L.A. County Department of Children and Family Services (DCFS) this week to inform them she could no longer care for the boys due to their aggressive behavior towards her own daughters with Charlie, Sam, nine, and Lola, eight, her adopted little girl, Eloise, two, as well as her dogs. She also accused Brooke, who has been treated for addiction 21 times, of blocking her from arranging professional counseling for the boys.
Alec Baldwin's stalker allegedly dreamed of giving birth to his baby.
Canadian actress Genevieve Sabourin, 40, who is accused of harassing the actor and was arrested outside his home in New York City in April, wrote him more than 100 emails in a bid to convince him to get her pregnant, and even told him when she would be ovulating, according to prosecutors in her Manhattan-based trial.
Prosecutor Zachary Stendig read a few of her letters in open court on Thursday,including a passage written by Sabourin that read, "I will be in prime of my ovulation this St. Patrick's Day and the best gift from you of all would be to conceive a mini Baldwin on this Ireland National Day ... accept my proposal and I'll take you straight to heaven. There is many things I will do to you now in order to give you all kinds of delightful pleasure. French are the best lovers in the world and I master my art."
The actress's lawyer Todd Spodek argued that her actions were the result of her desire to seek closure after her brief "sexual relationship" with the former 30 Rock star "crumbled" in 2010: "No contact and no decency. A complete disregard for Miss Sabourin and her emotions. Miss Sabourin was just looking for closure from a difficult relationship."
Kanye West has pled "not guilty" after being charged with allegedly attacking a paparazzo.
The 36-year-old rapper - who was caught on film reportedly assaulting photographer Daniel Ramos at Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) in July, was charged with criminal battery and attempted grand theft stemming from the incident last month but did not appear in court for the latest hearing on Thursday, and his lawyer Blair Berk entered the plea on his behalf.
If convicted of both misdemeanors, the "New Slaves" hitmaker could be sentenced to one year in jail.
Speaking outside the court afterward, Ramos' lawyer Gloria Allred criticized the rapper for not being present even though he wasn't legally required to be. "It's just interesting to me that one of the most visible people in the entire world, Kanye West, who seems to love the press when it comes to promoting his music, when it comes to his relationships, especially family relationships, doesn't appear to want to at least come to court," she told TMZ. "I understand that his tour was cancelled so I don't see a reason why he couldn't be here, he certainly had a right to be here today," she added.
Chris Brown is counter-suing Frank Ocean's cousin.
The "Pyramids" hitmaker's relative, Sha'Keir Duarte, filed a lawsuit in August against the "Fine China" singer - who is currently seeking treatment in a Malibu rehab facility to learn to cope with his anger management issues - claiming Chris' bodyguard violently beat him up when the two singers and their entourages got into an heated confrontation outside Westlake Recording Studio in Los Angeles in January.
But Chris has now fired back and claimed in new court documents that Duarte provoked the fight by threatening to kill him, according to gossip website TMZ.com. The 24-year-old star also accused Duarte of kicking and punching him, and insisted that he attempted to avoid the altercation "with the aggressive and hostile Mr. Duarte." Duarte is allegedly demanding $2 million in compensation and Chris has accused him of being motivated by money.
It was previously reported that Chris fled the scene straight after the fight, while Frank stayed to speak to police officers.
© Gear Live Media, LLC. 2007 – User-posted content, unless source is quoted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Public Domain License. Gear Live graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, videos, articles, blogs, forums, scripts and other service names are the trademarks of Gear Live Inc.